The LA Galaxy wins their first game at Stub Hub this season with a 2-0 victory over the Montreal Impact.
Alessandrini has 3 goals and two assists so far this season with Boateng, who has filled in at wing since an injury to midfielder Sebastian Lletget, recording one goal and two assists.
Veteran midfielder Jones made them pay when he recorded his first goal as a member of the Galaxy squad scoring in the 74th minute. This was Jones second start since returning from duties with the USMNT.
More from Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy: Can Zlatan Ibrahimovic be a bigger star than David Beckham?
- Galaxy rumors: Transfer targets for the Los Angeles Galaxy
- Four European soccer stars who should come to LA and join the MLS
- Los Angeles Galaxy knocked out of US Cup by rival San Jose Quakes
- Los Angeles Galaxy: Mid-season update shows the need for improvement
Unlike last week, Galaxy goalie Clement Diop stayed steady in the box and was able to save the one and only real Montreal scoring threat in the 42 minute when Impact player Matteo Mancosu split three defenders on a breakaway – but Diop saved the open shot as reported by AP Sport.
After a rocky start to the season, the team looked like they had something to prove out there on Friday. Let’s hope they can build on this one and continue winning.
With most of the team back from injuries and international play, they will only get better as they work to build trust and find their rhythm together.
Next up for the team is a match against Orlando City SC in Florida next Saturday the on the 15th.