2. Jared Cook, TE, Oakland Raiders
The Los Angeles Chargers took a huge hit before the season when it was announced that Hunter Henry would be missing most, if not all, of the season with a torn ACL.
As we head into the halfway mark of the season, it does not appear that Henry will be ready to return this season. Even if he is medically cleared, it is understandable to not want to rush him in if the rest of the offense is flowing.
More from LA Sports Hub
- Lakers: 5 Players to Target Through Trades to make another championship run
- LA Chargers: Week 8 against Denver Broncos is a must-win
- LA Rams: Jared Goff wants to keep the Los Angeles title streak going
- Lakers Rumors: Los Angeles Clippers interested in Rajon Rondo
- LA Chargers: Justin Herbert wins AFC Rookie of the Month
To make up for the loss of Henry the Los Angeles Chargers re-signed Antonio Gates to a one-year deal to split snaps with Virgil Green. Green and Gates have not had great receiving numbers, with Gates serving as a red zone and third-down option for Philip Rivers.
The Chargers certainly have weapons in the passing game but adding that dynamic pass-catching tight end would be a huge addition for a team that has to keep up with the offenses in New England and Kansas City.
The Oakland Raiders are having a flash sale this season and Cook is set to be a free agent after the season. He has been one of the best tight ends in football with 36 receptions for 474 yards and three touchdowns.
I could see the Oakland Raiders taking a package consisting of a second-round pick, seventh-round pick and wide receiver Travis Benjamin.