2. Linval Joseph, cut by the Minnesota Vikings
The Minnesota Vikings were busy cutting people on Friday as the team cut two notable names in Rhodes and Linval Joseph, both of which fulfill positional needs for the Los Angeles Rams and would be a great, cheap pickup is possible.
More from LA Sports Hub
- Lakers: 5 Players to Target Through Trades to make another championship run
- LA Chargers: Week 8 against Denver Broncos is a must-win
- LA Rams: Jared Goff wants to keep the Los Angeles title streak going
- Lakers Rumors: Los Angeles Clippers interested in Rajon Rondo
- LA Chargers: Justin Herbert wins AFC Rookie of the Month
Joseph is a slightly better target to go after than Rhodes because he has more recent success and the groundwork of signing a defensive tackle is already there with Ndamukong Suh‘s free agency the last two years.
Joseph would not be a long-term commitment and one year could definitely get it done, whereas with Joseph there might be teams offering multi-year deals.
Unlike Rhodes, Joseph is not a former All-Pro but he has been named to the Pro Bowl two times in his career and is an asset both in rushing the quarterback and stuffing the run. Despite the team having Aaron Donald, the Rams could use both sides of Joseph’s game on the defensive line.
Adding Joseph to the defensive line would give a similar look as to when Suh was a member of the Rams and Joseph will thrive in either getting to the quarterback because of Donald or opening holes for Donald to get to the quarterback himself.